Thursday 7 September 2017

10 Night Goblins walk into a Wheat Field...

I kicked myself into gear and finally got to chuck some paint on 10 of my old metal Night Goblins. I have around 50 to get through so I thought it best to split them into chunks of 10. I started out with the goal of doing a quick paintjob that looks good from a metre away but up close is fairly basic. This didn't really go to plan and I spent far too long on each one although they turned out (I think) pretty good. Since taking this picture I noticed I forgot to paint the banner top, DOH! I will fix this and make a custom banner ASAP. I sooooo love the old metal Gobbo's. They are so full of character which is something I think the current range has lost. I mean, check this out:
That Guy in the middle, easily my favourite pose!


Work also began on one of my many terrain projects, a wheat field:
I took a bit of MDF and added sections of walls/fences from GW's excellent "Walls & Fences" kit. I then used some Polyfilla to mold these to the base and also build up some raised "bank" sections to help better hide the door matt rubber base. Next up will be the basing stage. At his rate I will have a small farm soon! I've got some annual leave from work coming up next week so I plan to continue on with these and other projects so expect some updates soon.


U.K. Subs - Down on the Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment

“When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago” - Friedrich Nietzsche.