Wednesday 30 August 2017

Product Review: TheBattleForge - Mushrooms and Toadstools

I have been searching around for a company that makes a variety of Mushrooms/Fungus that I can use as basing features for my Moonclan Grot army and came across the excellent "TheBattleForge". They are UK-based company which being a fellow resident of this little Island is something I prefer when making online orders since you tend to pay a lot less postage (FREE in this case!) but more importantly your stuff arrives quicker. Their website is easy to navigate with categories and subcategories clearly displayed so you know exactly where you need to go. For my first order I finally settled on the following items:




I placed my order late one evening and 3 days later the items arrived. They were shipped in a padded envelope with the items divided up into small bags and stapled to the order confirmation. As you can see in the below photo the mushrooms come with their own "pins" at the bottom of the stems making attaching them to bases even easier. Just drill a hole in your base, add a splash of superglue, pop the pin in... jobs a good'un! 


I was really impressed with both the service and products from TheBattleForge. They are priced well and FREE UK postage gives you even better value for money. These will help add some really nice details throughout my army. Speaking of which, I have been working on basing the White Dwarf Subscription Goblin Warboss and added two of the small mushrooms from the "Giant Goblin Mushroom and Toadstool x20 pack". The resin ones on the right were left over from the Mangler Squigs kit.

TheBattleForge Mushrooms on the left. Pretty fetching huh?!

I will definitely be making more orders in the future. Check their full range of products here: http://www.thebattleforge.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

“When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago” - Friedrich Nietzsche.